Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Tech Dept goes postal!

Wow, the entire tech dept descended upon me the other day!  All I did was innocently dispatch an email to the tech dept that I needed an ethernet cable extended as I moved my PCs around a bit.
 
Well, don't ya know, all hell broke loose!  First the head of the tech dept emails my chairperson asking what the heck I was doing.  Then my chair comes to my PC Classroom asking who the heck I was to do such a thing?  Then the assistant principal for tech catches me in the hallway and calls me on the carpet.  Finally, the new superintendent for curriculum and tech paid me a visit wondering what I was up to!
 
I proceeded to show each of these worthies that all I did was move the PC tables toward the front of the room by one measly foot!  The only problem was I couldn't move the printers out of the way sufficiently as the ethernet cables were too short. The reason I did all this was to make room for my desk in the back of the room by the teachers' PC.  I had to move all my stuff back there as my wireless mic failed so I had to use a standard wired PC mic. 
 
BTW, I was the one who brought PCs to the school for the first time in the 80s.  My PC Classroom is used as a model for all the other labs in the district now.  There was no tech dept then.  I was the only tech guy from 1984 to 1996.  
 
Well, I don't mind telling you that I was just flabergasted! 
 


Learning with Technology,
calcpage@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment