Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Size Matters!

Wow, now it looks like my cluster is moving with me to Room 622!  The problem with this scenario is that my current room is 34ft x 26ft, while this new room is only 28ft x 25ft.  So, of course, I complained, and was told to pick from 613, 615, 616 or 619.  However, these rooms are 28ft x 24ft or smaller!  


If I had my druthers, I'd stay right where I am.  The logistics of this move are so phenomenal, not to mention the tremendous expense, that maybe it just won't happen....  I can dream, can't I?  


Another possiblilty is Room 620.  Now, this is not an English room, it looks like Earth Science, so I guess its off limits.  But, if I could persuade the powers-that-be to let me have it, its a bit bigger so not a bad choice (28ft x 30ft).


Regardless, to fit in a 30ft or 28ft space as opposed to a 34ft space will necessitate new furniture.  Right now I have 2.5 ft x 3.5 ft desks.  Half of each desk is taken up by the student's "PC desktop," the other half is the student's "wooden desktop."  I have these desks arranged in 3 rows of 8 desks.  This arrangement fits lengthwise in the 34ft space I currently have in Room 429 leaving a nice 3-4 ft aisle down the middle.  We won't have this luxury in any of the new rooms.  Maybe 2ft x 3ft desks will work better?



Learning with Technology,
calcpage@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment