Sunday, September 23, 2012

Quarter I, Week 3: ScreenCasts, SmartNotes and Code, oh my!




Quarter I, Week 3: ScreenCasts, SmartNotes and Code, oh my! 


Here's this week's summaries from all my classes:

Math 4R: preCalculus for Seniors
Math 4H: preCalculus Honors for Juniors
Math 5HBC: AP Calculus BC
CSH: Computer Science Honors
APCS: AP Computer Science

There was only on choice for this week's YouTube Wednesday (see above) as we had a 3 day week due to Rosh Hashana. Next week have Yum Kippur on Wednesday....


We also had Know Your School Night this week. It was great! I didn't tell the parents anything. I gave them an oral quiz instead:
My name is? Mr. Garcia
This class is? preCalculus, ...
The textbook is? preCalculus, ...
I've been teaching Computing since? 1975
I've been teaching High School since? 1984
I've been teaching AP Calculus since? 1993
I've been teaching College since? 1995
What is Edmodo? ...
What is ScreenCasting? ...
What are SmartNotes? ...
What is BlogSpot? ...
What is Flipping the Classroom? ...
What is WhiteBoarding? ...
What's a Graphing Calculator? ...
What is SAGE? ...

Here's a little background music from Bear McCreary:


I hope you enjoyed this week's update!


 
Learning with Technology, 

No comments:

Post a Comment