Saturday, December 11, 2010

12th Day of Calculus???



My students gave me 2 more holiday filks, this time based on Chanukah tunes! The first one I'm adding to my "Calculus Carol Song Book" (see last blog post). The second one I'm adding to my "preCalculus Carol Song Book" which I will post next week, so stay tuned! I'm having my computing classes sing too. My AP Computer Science is singing Calculus Carols and my Computer Math is singing preCaclulus Carols. Enjoy!

Oh Calculus, Oh Calculus (tune = "Oh Chanukah, Oh Chanukah")
Oh Calculus, Oh Calculus,
Come enter the mystery.
Let’s all learn theorems,
And find out its history.

Gather in Garcia’s class,
He’ll give us knowledge.
Calculus to learn,
And it’ll help us in college.

And while we are learning,
We are intrigued by its root.
One person per theorem,
Giving us wisdom.
To give their theorems tribute!

One person per theorem,
Giving us wisdom.
To give their theorems tribute!

Program! (tune = "Dreidel!")
I have a computer program.
I made it out of codes.
And when it is started,
Oh program, think of all the modes!

Oh code, code, code,
I made you out of a method.
And when you’re being written,
Code, you’re understood!

Oh method, method, method,
I made you out of commands.
And when you have an error,
I shall give you demands!

Oh command, command, command,
I mage you out of variables.
And when you are inputted,
I will make up symbols!

Oh program, program, program,
You are in the terminal.
And when you are tested,
I shall make it final!

 Generally Speaking,

No comments:

Post a Comment