Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ra Ra Sis Boom Baaaaaa

I'm sorry, but I never got this "guess vs. no guess" on the AP exam issue! This topic has turned into a bit of a flame war on the ap-calc listserv of late.
If you are going into a test - be it Regents, Final, AP, SAT, etc - you go into it PREPARED! I don't know, do these kids need cheer leaders or something?  


Personally, I made it my business to never go to a test without first being ready to RIP IT TO SHREDS! I don't do guessing. So, I guess I'm in the "no guess" camp, but I'm ALSO in the "leave no blanks behind" crowd....

Don't get me wrong, I know my kids, so:
I know I HAVE to do tons of review in class, not only the last 2-3 weeks before the AP, but all year long.
I know I HAVE to tell the kids to get a review book and pour over it with a fine tooth comb months before the AP.
I know these kids may get confused on some of the questions, so I DO tell them to leave a few blank and only make educated guesses.

...but it just goes against the grain! 










No comments:

Post a Comment